Are you backing up your eClinicalWorks Data?
eClinicalWorks is a solid PM/EMR software package, but they can’t doing everything for you.
Now that you moved to the computer age for your medical office, make sure you aren’t missing anything.
You may have the impression that disaster recovery will be handled by eClinicalWorks.
This is not correct!
eClinicalWorks does have the ability to have your practice up using their web based service,
but unless YOU backup YOUR data, OFF SITE, you will not have everything you need to keep your practice running.
eClinicalWorks clarified this recently with a letter to all users stating:
“It is VERY IMPORTANT TO BACK UP DATA daily from your cClinicalWorks server to an external media…. In the unfortunate event of a server crash, EXTERNAL BACKUPS ARE THE ONLY PROTECTION
AGAINST COMPLETE DATA LOSS, and they are the only source of information available to return data to the stable point prior to backup.”
Quite Simply: Failure to keep your computer backups current may result in COMPLETE LOSS of YOUR data.
You need to take action! (fill out the form at bottom of this page)
As we see Flooding in Atlanta, we are reminded that Disaster can strike at any minute.
If your office gets:
- burns down
Your backup data does you no good UNLESS you backup OFF SITE.
Federal HIPAA regulations also require you to backup data continually,
off site and to have a disaster recover plan.
CompliantBackup handles every one of these items for you.
- We are experts in backing up eClinicalWorks systems.
- We follow eClinicalWorks best practices for backing up your data.
- We backup your data off site to avoid an on site physical disaster.
- We set you up to completely comply with 7 specific HIPAA requirements.
- We provide you with 2 “book-of-knowledge” binders:
- Keep the Primary Binder on site . This binder has all the HIPAA requirement outlined and is your proof that you comply. When the HHS inspector shows up, hand them this binder and they’ll know you have your act together.
- Keep the Secondary Binder off site. If your building burns down, you need access to your off site data. This binder provides you with all the key information you need to access your data, download your data and be productive again.